Happy Friday, Crocker Folks!
With only 2 weeks to go until Deadline (February 7th!)… our Donation Drive is heating up:
- The Solicitations Team is working hard to get donations from local businesses.
- Crocker families are talking to each other about co-hosting parties.
- Classes are gearing up to put together Projects and Baskets.
- The Dads Club has been rallying around some truly ground-breaking donation ideas.
…It’s all happening – and we couldn’t be more excited!
Looking for suggestions? Here are some key parties we would like that we don’t have (yet):
- Kid parties: especially for 4th and 5th grades
- More exercise! Yoga, Pilates, cycling…
- Wine Tasting, anyone? Farmstead Cheeses and Wines in Montclair wants to donate the space and labor for a wine tasting party, but would need a family (or two) to underwrite the event (i.e. buy the wine). Contact Lucy Streett (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’re interested.
- A Cooking Competition: We need a group of families to carry on this time-honored Crocker tradition. In the past we’ve had a chili cook-off, a “Cows and Cabs” contest… Take this one over and put your stamp on it! Again: Lucy Streett (email@example.com) for more info.
Every time you co-host a party, donate goods or services, or get a local business to donate on your behalf, your family name is entered in the Family Donation Raffle and you could win one of three sets of a couple ticket to the Auction plus a Golden Ticket (i.e. a chance to win one of the Live Auction items… for free). More donations = more entries! More info here.
Catalog Writers Needed:
We need some good writers to craft catchy-yet-informative blurbs and upload photos for each item in the Auction Catalog. This is something you can do 100% on your own time, there are complete instructions and support available, and it’s loads of fun! Getting this done in the next few weeks is critical to getting the Online Auction up and running in February, so we need your help! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll give you the low-down.
Did you know that several local business support Crocker Highlands by “sponsoring” the Auction, and/or advertising in the Auction Catalog? It’s a great opportunity to give to a worthy cause – AND get some positive exposure to the local community at the same time. If this is something you think your company might be interested in, now is the time to contact us! Look here for ad pricing, and check in with Terry Lee at email@example.com for more info.
You can always contact your Auction Co-chairs any old time at firstname.lastname@example.org – or find us at our table in the mornings on the yard, swingin’ to ‘20s tunes and doling out valuable advice. Come say hi!