Party Ideas – Adults
Read on for lots of ideas –copy them freely, or use them as inspiration for your own social creation! Ideas for Kid/Family parties are below.
Competitions: (These are insanely popular – it turns out that lots of Crocker people are uber-competitive – who’d have thought?)
- Cooking Competitions
- “Amazing Race” scavenger hunt or photo safari (oh – the possibilities!)
- Karaoke or Air Guitar, with or without judges
- Game Night (Poker, Scrabble, Pictionary, Mafia, Scene-it…)
- Tournaments – Basketball? Broomball? Curling???
- A Culinary Feast for 6-12
- Ladies Spa Night
- A Book Club Evening– Propose the book in advance and discuss over dinner.
- Wine Tasting somewhere wonderful
- S.F. or Oakland Foodie Tour
- “Glamping” – with one or two other families
- A classic Golf Outing
- Fly Fishing
Activities: Are you into sports/fitness? There’s always interest in a group workout followed by treats (and wine…)
- Yoga or other exercise followed by snacks
- Moms’ morning hike and brunch/lunch
- Dads’ Cycling “Tour”
- Kayaking or Paddle-Boarding
Workshops: Do you have a special skill, interest or hobby? Combine a “workshop” for a small group with drinks and appetizers – et voila! Super-cool party.
- Knitting, crochet, embroidery
- Orchid growing (or just not killing)
Plan a party for adults around a theme with music, costumes, themed cocktails.
- Roaring 20’s
- Cinco de Mayo
- 70’s Disco
- Jersey Shore
Party Ideas – Kids and Family
Host a party for your child’s grade level, or an age-range… or something where parents and kids can both participate!
- Pump It Up party for kindergartners
- Mani-pedi or “spa” party for 3rd or 4th grade girls
- Art party for any age
- Parents vs. kids Basketball throw-down
- Pool Party!!!
- Family Kickball tournament
- Family trip to an A’s/Giants game
- Neighborhood scavenger hunt
- Local picnic and Frisbee tournament
- Campfire cookout (i.e. s’mores over the backyard firepit)